One day, as I was casually flipping through the channels, I stumbled upon a commercial on TNT that really interested me. The commercial was just a montage of different star NBA players talking about their love for the game, their passion for the sport and players they have respect for. I knew it was there to capture my attention, that's what commercials do after all, but I felt a deeper connection to the commercial. The things that those players were saying, the things they felt for the game, when I heard their opinions and feelings, I felt somehow connected to the men I basically idolize and adore.
Nate Robinson said, "If you took out my heart, it would probably be a basketball." Kobe said, "The squeaking of the sneakers against the hardwood, the sound of the ball bouncing on the hardwood, the sound it makes when it goes through the net, the smell of the leather, all of that, I love everything about it." I've got so much respect for professional athletes. It may seem like fun and games, but really, they work their butts of during the season, during the difficult and sometimes long, 82 game journey and even during the offseason. Like a priest or religious brother, they've dedicated their lives to one thing they truly love. They've had to move from their hometowns where their families live to completely different cities and environments to play. And from the time they were young kids to now as adults, they've had to work to get that leg up, to be better than their competition and be successful in their sport.
No comments:
Post a Comment