Monday, September 27, 2010

New Home For Melo?

I am definitely not a Carmelo Anthony fan, and I am very sure that I will not be one anytime in the near future. I don't like his style of play, I don't like his attitude, I don't like his ego, but that is just all personal opinion. But despite my irritation towards Mr. Anthony, I feel the need to write this blog because the debate about where Carmelo will be playing this season is going on for quite sometime now. 


Carmelo Anthony is a veteran, an all-star. On June 23, 2003, Melo was chosen third overall by the Denver Nuggets in the Draft pick. It's safe to say that he's been doing big things ever since he stepped into the league. He's spent all his career playing for Denver, but he's also never won a championship with that team, they've always come up a little short. Over the summer, trade rumors started to speculate about his desire to leave Denver and join another team. And ever since then, the team has been looking for a new home for their star. Today, at Media Day, Melo took a different stance on this issue, saying that he never said he wanted to be traded and just saying that he's focused on his team right now. Is that because he might go to the New Jersey Nets who had a horrible and embarrassing season last year? No one really knows the answer to that question, but whatever his decision may be, he's just going to be another big name that got a lot of attention this offseason for the rumors about where he's going to play during the 2010-2011 season. 


Picture: http://www.nytimes.com/imagepages/2010/09/28/sports/NUGGETSfloater.html

2 comments:

  1. I heard that Melo might be traded to the Golden State Warriors, but later heard that it was false. I do agree with you about your opinion about Carmelo Anthony, but you must admit that the Warriors would benefit from his talent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In all of your blogs, you mentioned a lot of the different aspects that come into a basketball team and the many things that the players go through. I thought that was very interesting because it gives us a sense of what basketball is all about. Also, the fact that you mention quotes and give insight from other people is really helpful because it shows how it's an important part of people's lives. It also seems like a great way to bond with family especially when all of your family watches the games and is a Warriors fan. It reminds me of last year when I would always go to watch the Warriors game, but reading this blog made me want to go to a few games this year. Without reading this blog, I probably wouldn't have thought of the hard work that each player goes through, especially when it comes time for training and preparing for the team. Overall, I just gained a new insight into basketball as a sport.

    ReplyDelete